Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Coconut Rolls

I found a recipe at my favorite bread site that sounded so good, I had to make it for no reason. (No reason, meaning a day full of carb loading on coconut rolls.) I have not yet found a recipe/class from the site I do not love. They give step by step classes with pictures even.
This bread is the best "hawaiin sweetbread" I have ever had. So fluffy and moist, yet so easy anyone could do it.

Coconut Bread
adapted from cookingbread.com

2/3 cup coconut milk
2/3 cup lukewarm water
2 tablespoons shortening ( melted )
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon milk powder
4 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg ( beaten )
2 tablespoon coconut( finely chopped )
4 cups bread flour, I used white wheat flour
1 T gluten

Put the wet ingredients in your bread machine. Then put the dry on top, then the yeast. Start the machine on the dough cycle. Once the cycle is done, roll the dough into tini balls, like big gumball size, and place three per muffin tin. (Makes about 18) Let the rolls rise for half hour to forty five minutes. Preheat oven to 350 and cook for ten to fifteen minutes depending on your oven. Immediately butter the tops when they come out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment