Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Coconut Syrup

Bare will me while I still have not found my camera case people. Guess it's time to go buy a new adaptor right? And I promise I will do just that, soon, I promise. Then I will share with you a very long post of pictures. Until then I have a solution of what to do with a half a can of coconut milk. You make coconut syrup. This stuff is so good. I want to put it on some pecan crusted fench toast..you with me on that one?

Coconut Syrup

1 13.5 ounce light coconut milk
2 T cornstarch
1/2 C sugar
2 C cornsyrup(you can just make a simple syrup if you don't have this on hand)
1/2 flaked coconut

Mix coconut milk and cornstarch until smooth. Add sugar cornsyrup and coconut. Mix and heat until it comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and serve cold. This is great for breakfast foods and desserts.


**Simple syrup=equal parts water and sugar boiled until sugar is dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment