Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Simply Roasted

So, let me tell you a secret. I am a vegetable freak. I love the things. They are yummy. Plus they are so darn good for me, I can't help but count to make sure I get at least my three every day. Yes, I really count, every day!


I must admit I get so sick of steamed vegetables though. (Jacob, thinks peas and corn are candy though so he doesn't mind.) So, I have to be selfish some days and heat the house up by roasting my 3 a day in the oven.


Today I had zuchini on hand, so here's what you do. (Oh I added some parmesan on these after I made them.)


Roasted:


1 lb veggies, sliced semi small
1 T olive oil
1/2 tsp salt and pepper

Prehead the oven to 450. Toss your cut vegetables in the oil, salt and pepper. Spread on the pan and bake for about 20 minutes. (Depending on the vegetable it may be longer or shorter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment