Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pork Chops

Pork chops were on sale this week, so I threw them on my menu. I couldn't find a recipe that I had ingredients for in my fridge, so I threw this little number together. Let me tell Ryan loved them! Seriously these are so so easy and so good. No fancy ingredients or grocery runs.




Cranberry-Pecan Chops :

4 pork chop (or six if they are small)
2 T flour
Salt and Pepper
¼ cup craisins
¼ C red onion, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
¼ cup pecans, toasted and chopped

Soak the craisins in the broth for half of an hour, set aside.
Salt and pepper both sides of each pork chop. Be careful not to do too much salt, we will add chicken stock later. Lightly dust the seasoned chops with flour and rub it on both sides. While you are doing this, have your pan pre-heating on medium high. Spray the pan with oil and add the pork chops. Do not flip until they have browned on the first side.
Flip the pork chops and brown the other side. Remove the prok chops from the pan. Add the onion to the pan and cook until tender. Now add the stock with the craisins.
Let the sauce thicken for a few moments and add the chops back in. Cook until warmed and chops are cooked through.
Remove from heat and let stand five minutes. Pour sauce on the pork chops and top with the toasted pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment