Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Black and White Brownies

I have an addiction. If I see a new kind of chocolate at the grocery store, I have to buy it. If I see an old favorite at the store, I must buy it. It's addicting I tell you, sales and chocolate. One day at target I took a stroll down the candy isle only to find Lindt bars two bucks a piece. One dark chocolate sea salt and one white chocolate coconut bar later I strolled away with a smile. After my white chocolate experience I decided I needed more so while in Atlanta I purchased myself a bar of Trader Joe's new white chocolate with 45% coco butter.

Then the white chocolate recipe search began and this recipe is what I found. Yum, yum, I could not stop eating these things. Neither could Jacob, he kept telling me what colors he wanting, thinking I would be so impressed I would keep giving him some....it worked, for two brownies at least.


Although irrelevant to the matter of chocolate, I kinda love my babies. They are beautiful inside and out. So since I look at them in the mirror all day, I feel beautiful. It's almost as though I feel I am looking at myself because I see them more than myself.


White Chocolate Brownies

adapted slightly from Smitten Kitchen

3 ounces white chocolate
1 stick butter
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 C white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over opposite sides of pan. Repeat with second piece of foil in opposite direction. Butter foil.

Melt white chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over a simmering pot of water (or in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring between each), remove from heat and stir the mixture until it is smooth. Whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Add flour and salt together, stirring until just combined. Add chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.

Chocolate Brownies

adapted from Hershey's

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Melt butter over stove or in microwave. Add sugar and mix until combined. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla. Slowly mix in cocoa be sure it doesn't make a mess. In a separate bowl combine flour, powder, and salt. Mix with wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.


When both brownies are done, cool in pan on a rack until room temperature(I threw mine straight in the freezer). Once cooled put in freezer until brownies are slightly stiff. Cut into two inch squares. Using whatever shape you have cut the middles out of each brownie and perform a switcharoo.

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing and so does Addison. I love that shock of thick hair. Cristin and I will have to try these out now that we are back to eating chocolate. See you in couple of weeks:)

    ReplyDelete