Saturday, January 23, 2010

Not For Long

Pictures of our Thanksgiving feast(outdated, I know)
Roasting Chestnuts is a sinch, but with heavenly results.

The pie on the left is a my mom's thanksgiving specialty. Very kid friendly I have discovered.

AB's amazing turkey recipe. Strapped that baby in tight!



I'm back, but not for long. The next few months I am only going to post special requests. In short, baby number two joined my belly making me very sick. Then baby number two's heart stopped beating and was removed by a D&C. Now I am going to finish school in hopes to relieve myself of stress in hopes that baby number three (or new baby number two?) will grow much healthier.

In the mean time, mama B, I will get you that chili as soon as I get the chance(the recipe is in my sleeping little mans room.)

The turkey recipe I used was Alton's and it was truly a hit. Be sure your oven is clean before you roast that baby at five hundred unless you enjoy the pleasant sound of your fire alarm. Personally, mine is quite obnoctious.
Those lovely chestnuts were for this stuffing recipe.
The pumpkin pie was very rich and smooth.
Pumpkin Pie(found on recipezaar)

1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
4 well beaten eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup heavy cream , sour cream or more evaporated milk
2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
Meringue?

Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. Combine the evaporated milk and the heavy cream in a small saucepan. Heat the milks to the scalding point. Add scalded milks to the other ingredients, mixing well. Pour equally into the two UNBAKED pie shells. Bake 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Pie is done when a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Top with desired topping.
Ice Cream Peach Delight aka Peach Chiffon Pie (for you fancy namers)

3 ½ cups slices peaches, sweetened or 1 #2 ½ can of peaches
1 3 oz package peach jello
½ C cold water
1 pint vanilla ice cream
½ C whipping cream(whipped)

Add water to peach syrup to make 1 cup, heat to boiling. Add gelatin, stir until dissolved. Add cold water, cut the ice cream into pieces, add to hot liquid. Stir until melted. Chill till mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon. Fold in peaches. Pour onto pastry shell. Chill until firm. Top with whipped cream and decorate with peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment