Monday, September 21, 2009

Taco and Potato Soup

I must keep short on words this week because I have mass quantities of homework to catch up on. Why? Oh because I have spent all week grocery shopping, asian market, costco, walmart, and the list continues. Ryan has a sushi party, aka wife spends her life running erronds and doing chores, then at the end of the week stuffs her face with amazing food. Know what this means for you? Pictures, lots of them. Oh and how to's from my better, more entertaining half. So please forgive my lack of words this week. Much love.

The potato soup is light, but I promise no lack in flavor. I know many would think I am horrible for making potato soup without loads of cheese, butter and whole milk, but please forgive me my tummy hates that stuff. And we have not been on good terms lately, I have eatin way to much butter for it to like me.




Potato Soup

3 good sized potatoes
3 cups water or chicken broth
½ onion
1 clove garlic
2 Tbs butter
1 Tbs olive oil
3 tbs flour
¼ tsp thyme
¼ chives
¼ tsp parsley
¼ tsp oregano
Salt and pepper
1 ½ cups milk, yes I use fat free

Peel and chop potatoes and throw in water to boil. Cook onions and garlic in butter and oil until soft. Add flour and seasonings. Then add milk until thickens. Add milk mixture to potatoes. Simmer for like 20 minutes. Blend if desired and serve with parmesan.
This soup is easy and way better than beef taco soup to me. What can I say, it must be fall, I love soup and fall does too.



No comments:

Post a Comment