Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chocolate Raspberry Trifle

I heard somewhere that trifles are great because you can make them with not so good cake and they still taste good. I decided to try it my own way and make one with some fluffy, moist angel food cake, and it didn't just taste good, it was fab-u-lous. mmmm. I could have ate that whole cake by myself. I even thought about staying home, just so I didn't have to share. So try the cake, or the pudding, or just go for the whole thing if you have the time! Because guess what the cake is good. Even when it is not covered in pudding, whipped cream and berries.

Oh and want to know a secret, angel food cake is fat free.





Chocolate Raspberry Trifle:


Here is the Chocolate Pudding Recipe

Here is the Angel Food Cake Recipe
1 C heavy cream
1 T confectioners sugar
2 C sliced berries
1 chocolate bar, for garnish
Make pudding and Angel food cake according to directions. Or buy them if you must. Beat heavy cream and confectioners sugar until stiff peaks. Be sure you reach stiff peaks.
Start by cubing the angel food cake.
Make one layer on the bottom of your glass dish. Now top that with half of the pudding. Then one cup of the berries. Repeat.
Top with cream and use a peeler to garnish the top with shavings of chocolate.
Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment