Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Brown Fried Rice

This is my dish. The one I know isn't good for me but I just can't get enough. So I decided to give it a whirl at home. I must admit, it's not as easy as the guys at the hibachi grills make it seem. I got rice EVERYWHERE. I guess it would have helped if my grill was as big as my table!

This is a very simple recipe, add any vegetables you like. Add more soy sauce if you just can't get enough(like me), or ham, or even go vegetarian.





For the Rice:

2 C Brown Rice
3 C water

Place in rice cooker until done. Alternate method: bring water to a boil, add rice. Cover and simmer for half an hour or until rice is fluffy.


Fried Rice:

cooked brown rice
2 grilled chicken breast, cubed
1 T oil
2 T butter
1/4 C soy sauce
2 eggs
2 small zucchini squash, cubed
1 C peas
1 bell pepper diced
1 onion, diced
2 green onions, green and white parts


Heat butter and oil on a large griddle. I use the long kind you plug into a wall. Add onion, squash and pepper and cook until they are softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the rice and to the side of the pan the two eggs. Once the eggs have started to fry a little, throw everything together and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Throw in the soy sauce, peas and chicken. Let cook another minute or two. Garnish with green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment