Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Breakfast Crepes My Way

I love weekend breakfast, but I do not like to eat cinnamon rolls after my run. Ya feel me? So I made some wheat crepes with fruit and yogurt. If you are feeling a little more sinful use white flour and fill these babies with ice cream, fruit and chocolate syrup. I even like to do mine with ham, cheese and eggs sometimes.





Crepes:

1 cup all-purpose flour (I used wheat pastry flour)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
for sweet crepes add:
1 tsp vanilla and 2 ½ Tbs sugar

Throw everything in a blender and mix until smooth. Preheat pan for a few minutes. Pour 1/4-1/3 C batter on the pan and immediately spin pan to make a circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until color slightly changes. Flip and cook for about 30 more seconds. Serve with fruit and cream or ham and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment