Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Few Favorite Treats

My sister in law is having a baby soon, but after that we have been planning to start a fun food blog together, hence my lack of posts. But in the mean time, I thought I would share a few favorite treats.
Hot Cocoa is a must have now that we have already had 2 big snow storms. I love this recipe because it is all natural, I have everything I need on hand and it's very easy to tweek for flavor.

1/3 cup cocoa-our favorite to use is scharffenberger, but you have to look hard to find it affordably!!!
3/4 C sugar
4 C milk
splash of vanilla
pinch of salt
Mix 1st three ingredients and put over low heat until smooth and hot. Add last 2 ingredients and enjoy. If serving for kiddos add a little extra milk to cool it and make it not so strong. We also like to add a spoonful of caramel sauce for fun. You could add a drop of mint instead of vanilla or a spoonful of seedless raspberry preserves too!
Doughnuts
Chocolate Glaze
Apple Challah Bread
Cheesecake recipe courtesy of Dorie Greenspan topped with a basic ganache, whipped cream and strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment