Monday, October 26, 2009

Texas

Recently, me and the little guy were lucky enough to go visit my in laws in Texas while Ryan was busy doing an externship. I hate being alone. I get bored fast, my creative juices are stumped when I am always alone. So we woke up, got tickets and jumped in the car to head to the airport twenty minutes later!! Yes, I am a little nuts. When we left, it was eighty five and humid, so we packed shorts. We arrived, and well froze our hinies for a week. When we got home, we got very sick, we are finally going to the doctor now that we are better.
I share this not to sob(because we are so over that now) but because I have not been able to share any recipes. Sorry people. Well give me a week to get my rear in gear with school and we'll be back at it. Okay now that we have that covered here are a few favorites we threw together in the big lone-star-state.

Chocolate pie, that is to die for, literally!

Italian Wedding Soup, this stuff is amazing! I had to make it when I got home because it's Ryan's favorite.

We made cornbread, but it was a little bit disappointing. You see, I have this recipe I love and nothing has compared to it yet. We added cheese and diced green chilis. Yummy!

Moist cornbread:

1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
1 cup creamed corn
3 egg

Turn oven on to 300 degrees.
In large bowl mix together dry ingredients, first 5 ingredients.
In smaller bowl mix together wet ingredients, last 4 ingredients.
Add wet ingredients to larger bowl of dry ingredients.
Mix well.
Grease an 8-9 inch pan with pam.
Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment