Monday, September 21, 2009

Muffins and Pancakes

I like breakfast, no I love breakfast! But the hubs, he'll take some ovaltine and if you're lucky a banana. So I have to make stuff my little guy likes, and cottage pancakes are the answer. Easy nutritious and goble-able. He eats them four at a time. Pretty good for a light weight.

The blueberry cornmeal pancakes are one of Ryan's favorite. Must be because he's a country boy, and they love cornmeal anything. I substitute the white flour in these for white wheat or wheat pastry flour.

As for the muffins, I halved Dori's recipe for the breakfast cake and made them into 24 mini muffins. They only needed to be cooked for 10 minutes. The muffins are also healthy, delicious and in the eyes of my todler, goble-able.















Cottage Pancakes

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 egg whites or 2 eggs
Blend all ingredients in blender. Spray skillet with cooking spray and cook just like"silver dollar" pancakes, a few small ones at a time. Top with your favorite pancake topping!






No comments:

Post a Comment