Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rise and Shine

I must confess, I am a morning person. Why, I don't know, but I often see it as a curse when I go to bed at one and wake up at six. I am human though and have those can't roll out of bed mornings. In fact, I have had them pretty much every morning for a while now...

My solution for those late nights, throw something like this in your fridge. It is so easy to throw together, uses day old bread, it's healthy oh and it is delicious! For this recipe to live up to its full potential you must use fresh peaches.








Baked Peach French Toast

1 /2-1 loaf french bread, at least 2 days old
6 eggs
1 cup skim milk
splash of half and half, cream or whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 lb fresh sliced peaches
handful of blueberries or blackberries
handful of brown sugar mixed with some cinnamon


Coat a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Cut the french bread into 1/2 inch slices or cubes and arrange in a single layer in the pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together whole eggs, , milk, half and half, and the vanilla. Pour the egg mixture over the bread in the pan. Layer the peach slices evenly over the bread. Sprinkle evenly with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Uncover and bake until it is slightly puffy, and the bread is golden brown, about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment