Sunday, August 30, 2009

Moroccan Chicken

I made this for my family and they loved it. The first time I made it the group of people attending dinner seemed to multiple so I tripled the chicken and the flavor was still great. The second time I only used 8 tenders, so it was slightly oily. My point, if you like it strong, do less chicken.

Don't be fooled, this recipe looks like it has lots of pricey herbs, but I got all of mine for under three bucks. (Cilantro, parsley and green onion are all very inexpensive.)



Moroccan Chicken:

1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
4-12 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless

Combine oil, scallions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper in the container of a food processor. Process until smooth. Rub the mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts and let stand 30 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium hot. Grill chicken breasts 5-7 minutes on each side, or until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment