Monday, August 24, 2009

Hawaiin Sweet Bread




This beauty is made in a bread machine and besides the shape, you'd never know. This bread is oh so fabulous. (Seriously though, I could eat a whole loaf.) It comes out of the bread machine like five feet tall and soft as a feather. My husband said he could sleep on it.



I must admit I love hand made bread more than anything, but I promise this recipe will not disappoint you.



Hawaiin Sweet Bread:
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 1/2 tablespoons egg
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour, I use half white wheat and half bread flour
2 tablespoons dry milk, I often skip this and it turns out great
2 teaspoons yeast

Place ingredients in bread machine container in order directed by manufacturer. Cycle: normal, and light.

A few pointers:

I am no bread expert but I have learned a few things. One, don't skip your salt, it counteracts your yeast. Two, don't oversalt, you won't get bread fluffy enough to sleep on. Three the more wheat flour, the denser the loaf. Add wheat gluten if you add wheat flour. This will help the bread compensate for the structure that is broken the pieces of the outer layer of the wheat berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment